Search the forum,

Discuss weber grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

I'm with you on that m8, used grout 3000 for the 1st time a few months ago & it is a fantastic grout to use.
I find it very like Bal wall grout to use.
Normally hate using a floor grout on walls as it will slide right off the float but grout 3000 holds on & is really good to work with.

Doozy

TF
Reaction score
The adhesives Weber produce are in the main very good indeed. Their grout however is the spawn of the Devil. Hideous stuff, horrible. Used it a couple of times and had a mare with it. Thought it must be me, so tried it again a while later and had the same result, useless.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mixed results by the look of it. ..
Will have to see if I can get some 3000 to try. .

Does seem though if you're used to using bal then mapei is a nightmare to use.......is for me anyway. .

O

On one

I think the tile type,tile size,humidity,width of grout joint,m2 of area to be tiled and so on and so on can affect your personal preference. One bad experience with the wrong grout on the wrong day?

I have used Weber grout a couple of times but felt it was so so and didn't persevere using it.
On the other hand I have used Bal MM and MM2 without any problems(touch wood) and would continue to use it,in the right scenario.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Only used Weber grout a handful of times and had no issues with it, very smooth if memory serves me right. However that particular tile shop then changed to Norcros. I'd turn a job down rather than use their products again. 4 into 1 grout is simply a pure horror. Last 18 months has been pretty much grout 3000 for me.

Reply to weber grout in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen