Discuss weber grout in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My local tile shop have started to stock weber grout I normally use bal grout.

Dose anyone use the weber....whats it like compared to bal, how quick dose it go off......could never get on with mapie grout cause it went off so quick, do you get any efflorescence with it or patchy drying problem. ..
Anything else you can add. .
Thanks in advance

L

lizzardtong

I was using mapei then i tried weber and thats the only grout i use now. No efflorescence used every color apart of white. Great to work with.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Oh and I've just been using Webber funnily enough, very good a lot like grout3000, smooth to use and goes off nicely

K

kimboslash

Used Weber wide joint a couple of times and personally i didn't like it, found it very grainy and wasn't up to the finish of Mapei grouts.

May have to try it again if everyone else is saying different!

T

Time's Ran Out

Weber - Tried it once!
Sovereign white.
Ardex C2 grey.
Mapei 130 Jasmin, 132 Beige.
Bal Sandstone.
Rest - Ardurit colour range.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's a good fine grout , no where near fast setting like UCP , so be prepared for over night hardening... The polymers can to tougher to wash off but nothing major as long as you keep an eye on it drying on tile surface... You'll be used to that with bal grouts :)

Q

Qwerty

Started using Weber grouts over Mapei UCP, but just couldn't get on with it. Back on UCP now for everything except white

D

Dash J

Wow I'm surprised a couple of people like it,it is a terrible grout
especially the grey and silver grey,I have used it and had patchy grout and efflorescence
also had tiny air bubbles all over it,and that was me mixing per instructions

S

Stocks Tiles

The tile shop I get all my materials from use Weber grout for a few colours such as white, jasmine, ivory and sandstone, then use Norcross for grey, anthracite, crème ect. The Weber is a very smooth grout, the Norcross is rather gritty but leaves a nice finish. Used Mapei once, and once only lol talk about the unexpected drying time it went like plastic!

Reply to weber grout in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks