Search the forum,

Discuss Wall tile layout - small cloakroom in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Ciscobloke01

Hi

Please be nice, newbie here and to tiling.

I'm looking to tile a small cloakroom with 700x350 tiles and looking for advise on how to go about setting out.

The main wall is 1650 wide by 2300 high. How would you tile this? I'm thinking either starting in a corner (checking tile is level both vertically and horizontally. This would give me 2 whole tiles and roughly a cut tile 240mm on one end. OR should I find the middle and have a small cut each end roughly 130mm?

Also on the narrow side walls they are 800mm wide. Should I do the same starting with who.e tile and 1 cut on 1 side or centre and have a thinner cut each end?

I plan to stack these not brick

Cheers
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always looks better with the largest cut tile you can get...
Try centering the wall then half the tile....mark it with a pencil and offer it to the center line and see if this gives bigger cuts in the corners..

C

Ciscobloke01

Always looks better with the largest cut tile you can get...
Try centering the wall then half the tile....mark it with a pencil and offer it to the center line and see if this gives bigger cuts in the corners..

Cheers, do you think it best, instead of centering the 700mm tile on a 800mm wall with thin cuts either side, to have a center joint line and 2 x 400mm (give or take with 2mm gap and corner gap)?

Cheers

Reply to Wall tile layout - small cloakroom in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I have a small kitchen with a floor area of 265cm x 140cm with the door recess adding another 20...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hi, and thanks for any advice. After pulling over 900 lbs of dead weight in the center of my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen