Search the forum,

Discuss Used Modified under Ditra on concrete by mistake. Options? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I'm laying Ditra in my bedroom on concrete & using porcelain tiles. I just realized I used Modified under my Ditra. I was 40% done when I realized. What are my options?

gamer1

-
Reaction score
Using modified thinset under Ditra can potentially cause bonding issues because modified thinset doesn't fully cure when sandwiched between two impervious surfaces like Ditra and porcelain tiles.

Here are your options:

Remove the Ditra: You can choose to remove the Ditra from the areas where you've used modified thinset. This can be a labor-intensive process, but it ensures proper adhesion.

Overlay with Uncoupling Membrane: Another option is to apply a layer of uncoupling membrane over the Ditra that has modified thinset. This can provide a separation layer and allow you to proceed with your tile installation using unmodified thinset.

Consult a Professional: If you're unsure about how to proceed or if you're concerned about the quality of the installation, it's a good idea to consult with a professional tile installer who can assess the situation and provide guidance.

In any case, it's essential to address this issue before continuing with your tile installation to avoid potential problems down the road.

Reply to Used Modified under Ditra on concrete by mistake. Options? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen