Discuss Used Modified under Ditra on concrete by mistake. Options? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm laying Ditra in my bedroom on concrete & using porcelain tiles. I just realized I used Modified under my Ditra. I was 40% done when I realized. What are my options?

gamer1

-
Reaction score
Using modified thinset under Ditra can potentially cause bonding issues because modified thinset doesn't fully cure when sandwiched between two impervious surfaces like Ditra and porcelain tiles.

Here are your options:

Remove the Ditra: You can choose to remove the Ditra from the areas where you've used modified thinset. This can be a labor-intensive process, but it ensures proper adhesion.

Overlay with Uncoupling Membrane: Another option is to apply a layer of uncoupling membrane over the Ditra that has modified thinset. This can provide a separation layer and allow you to proceed with your tile installation using unmodified thinset.

Consult a Professional: If you're unsure about how to proceed or if you're concerned about the quality of the installation, it's a good idea to consult with a professional tile installer who can assess the situation and provide guidance.

In any case, it's essential to address this issue before continuing with your tile installation to avoid potential problems down the road.

Reply to Used Modified under Ditra on concrete by mistake. Options? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks