Search the forum,

Discuss Uncoupling membrane vs no more ply, when & where? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

I didn't use the word difficult . Tricky , bouncing timber floors . Floating floors , walls with hanging plaster . Pretty much much anything that I have to put work into to bring it up to a standard that I will be happy to tile on without it failing I regard the biggest enemy of a tiler is a moving substrate .

V

V Man

I always use 6mm Hardie to over-board a timber floor, glued & screwed. I would only use an uncoupling membrane if I was fixing stone or on to a newish screed. Keraquick on every floor.

What primer you use (if any) on timber/chipoard floor before putting hardie down ?

O

One Day

Can i just point out that tilemaster mat and BAL rapid mat are not single layer construction. Both offer far more than single materials such as mapeitex etc.

Reply to Uncoupling membrane vs no more ply, when & where? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen