Search the forum,

Discuss Tling over old tile adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich hand

I have removed tiles from ply and obviously old adhesive is left behind on the ply. How much prep does this surface need before re tiling? Will the new tiles adhere properly if old adhesive is left behind?

R

rich hand

the grout cracked. I'm getting the feeling that old adhesive can be tiled over.

R

rich hand

the ply can not be removed. The wrong adhesive was used originally. The job simply means applying the correct adhesive. Although I am a flooring professional, I am not a tiler so wondering how important it is to remove remains of old adhesive. I know what the theory may say but I am wanting practical experience on this matter.

Reply to Tling over old tile adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen