Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Adam Lister

Hi all,

I am currently tiling my bathroom in 200 x 100 white metro tiles. I have a sloped area to do approximately 45 degrees. The wall had tiles on previously that have been removed leaving the plaster in a reasonable condition. Can anyone advise if I am ok to reapply the new tiles without any issues using ready mixed tile adhesive?

Please see picture attached and thanks in advance.

Adam

image.jpeg

Reaction score
There light tiles but I'm thinking maybe it's best to use powder on this bit.
As above, a backer board would be good.
There small tiles but I still wouldn't want them above my head in the tub unless there well fixed!

J

Just Rizzle

wooooooooo you need to mechanically fix some thing over that. probable some plaster base board. both sides and you could prime in sbr.

F

Flintstone

I would remove the paint, prime it with the correct primer and tile it with single part flexi. (Powder)

Why you would go to the trouble of over boarding that with those tiles I do not know.

J

J Sid

Quicker and cleaner the removing paint and I personally avoid tiling onto plaster at all costs'

Reply to Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks