Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

Lee im from the same area as yourself and most guys around bangor ar around 25-30
Yes but I’m referring to aytiling’s post where he’s expected to fit 1200x1200x15mm for £20mtr. What would you price blind for 70mtr floor in that gear?

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes but I’m referring to aytiling’s post where he’s expected to fit 1200x1200x15mm for £20mtr. What would you price blind for 70mtr floor in that gear?
First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly
First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly £2000 . And yourself?

L

LM

First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly

First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly £2000 . And yourself?
It’s definitely a two man job with tiles that thickness and depending on layout I wouldn’t be too far from where your at also, £2-2.5k labour only.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It’s definitely a two man job with tiles that thickness and depending on layout I wouldn’t be too far from where your at also, £2-2.5k labour only.
The problem in northern Ireland though is men from the west north west are still willing to work for £80 a day and some of them are very good

L

LM

The problem in northern Ireland though is men from the west north west are still willing to work for £80 a day and some of them are very good
I know the type of guys you’re talking about.
For a start they aren’t filling their own vans with fuel and driving to where this type of work is and as you well know they’ve at least another source of income which also cancels out a few of the expenses that the rest of us have to pay. It would cost them at least £40-50 a day in fuel.
I’ve seen quite a bit of the type of work they leave and for the most part it’s average, it’d be ok for someone who doesn’t know any better. It’s lashed in and often with bad prep and disregard to expansion etc. The standard is par for the course for commercial subbies who don’t have to think about the job and just do as they’re told and clock up meterage.
I personally am not interested in competing with those types of guys and the above mentioned job is a very different ball game to what the £80 a day men are familiar with.
We’re comparing prices for a legit tiler with all his own gear and transport arriving to do a job that will be prepped and tiled to last a lifetime.
Those type of guys you mention do have a place in our industry but that type of work and scenario is like comparing apples and oranges , they’re both fruit.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know the type of guys you’re talking about.
For a start they aren’t filling their own vans with fuel and driving to where this type of work is and as you well know they’ve at least another source of income which also cancels out a few of the expenses that the rest of us have to pay. It would cost them at least £40-50 a day in fuel.
I’ve seen quite a bit of the type of work they leave and for the most part it’s average, it’d be ok for someone who doesn’t know any better. It’s lashed in and often with bad prep and disregard to expansion etc. The standard is par for the course for commercial subbies who don’t have to think about the job and just do as they’re told and clock up meterage.
I personally am not interested in competing with those types of guys and the above mentioned job is a very different ball game to what the £80 a day men are familiar with.
We’re comparing prices for a legit tiler with all his own gear and transport arriving to do a job that will be prepped and tiled to last a lifetime.
Those type of guys you mention do have a place in our industry but that type of work and scenario is like comparing apples and oranges , they’re both fruit.
Have you worked with any? ,
I do understand what is your point but I've seen guys that do very high quality work and will never leave there boss because they fear they may never get any work outside their circle

L

LM

I do understand what is your point but I've seen guys that do very high quality work and will never leave there boss because they fear they may never get any work outside their circle
Not directly with them but in the same buildings at the same time, new shopping centres etc. They just have to get in the van in the morning, they’re lifted and laid for the large part. As I said it’s courses for horses but the job and scenario in question is very different than from the £80 a day work you refer to imo.

Reaction score
I don't think they fear they may never got work outside their circle ,they may believe that I'm on regular weekly money & I've cut my cloth to suit,I'm not faffing around once a year with is my tax correct & finally I get paid holidays to some people call it convenient or being comfortable each to their own

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen