Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
It also has a lot to do with how you trade, sole trader domestic, Contacting sole or group,so many variables. I truly believe this industry is in grave danger of falling apart. The demands of the tiles, substrate, size, quality of prep,the list is endless. I have been asked to quote for 9 flats, 18 bathrooms, Balbone 2 easy, include all materials, trims the whole gig. total m2 is 150m2 Oh by the way no drawings showing elevations. The buyer ( who has not a clue ) informs me that its just tiling mate. As I say the industry has changed some what. Anyhoo back to the point, rates my end are from £38 to infinity and beyond. (see what I did there?) Job by job basis. My father who was a tiler many moons ago used to cost the whole material package, I mean all of it and double it, then add 10%. Its a system, It would work well with porcelanosa materials.

Pauly

Reaction score
Hi as a rule I tend to charge per M2 for larger jobs as there are less cuts so £25 to 30 depending on the tile type..small fiddly bathrooms ect or areas with lots of tools cuts and trim then it's a day rate around £175..any wall or floor prep work tile removal is charged £150 per day materials all on top of this. hope this helps

Reaction score
Mainly do everything on mtr rate £30 mtr plus materials unless its a days work like a 2/3mtr kitchen which would then be done on a day rate. min 180 plus materials)

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ironically I've had a couple of issues today. I've had steady work from a company in York for the last 6 years. Solid, decent work. I charged them £30/m and £150/day for prep work etc. They also provide materials. On the cheaper side for York but it was steady work and paid every Monday. Had a fall out couple of weeks back so I'm back pricing jobs. I lost 3 bathrooms this morning due to somebody being cheaper. And the job I've been doing the last couple of weeks (for a plumber/friend I know) he thought I was expensive. I charged him £25/m and £125/day. It was an 80m floor (1200 x 600) plus a couple of days prep. Hand sanded the floor, 2 coats of Primer, layed durabase. He expected £25/m for everything!!
He'll be getting to see this thread tomorrow

Deyna

TF
Reaction score
Not in the trade but I would expect to be paying more for working with porcelain or awkward tile shapes/designs. This is just from personal experience of working with them compared to standard ceramics.

If it were me I would be working on day rate rather than by the metre taking the above into consideration.

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen