Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over plywood substrate in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jrterror

Hi.
The walls in my ensuite are coming along well...
Just thinking about the floor now.
The original tiled floor was tiled over thin sheets of plywood. The ply was on top of T&G chipboard.

Is it ok to tile on plywood? I seem to be coming across articles or posts that suggest not.

Ta. D

S

Spare Tool

Hi.
The walls in my ensuite are coming along well...
Just thinking about the floor now.
The original tiled floor was tiled over thin sheets of plywood. The ply was on top of T&G chipboard.

Is it ok to tile on plywood? I seem to be coming across articles or posts that suggest not.

Ta. D
No!!

J

Jrterror

I've come across Schluter Ditra Matting when buying my Addy for the walls.
Is this any good?
Which would be best?
I've not research either yet. So I don't know how they are installed. Do you have to lay them on adhesive? Sorry, I'm at work and not got time to research just yet.
It's a chipboard floor. I think. Haha. It has no bounce. It's a very small area. About 1m x 2m. Perhaps 2.5m. can't quite remember.
Ta again
D

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hardie Backer would be better on suspended timber floor, Ditra on concrete floors.

Reply to Tiling over plywood substrate in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen