Discuss Tiling over plywood substrate in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I would never tile straight onto any timber in any form. Whether there is any bounce or not wood will move with changes in temperature. I would always recommend either Hardi backer or at the very least a construction board. Both stuck with flexible adhesive and screwed every 300mm. The tape needs to be alkaline resistant to avoid breaking down over time. In effect the floor needs to be tanked with the hardibacker to avoid water finding its way through to the timber substrate.

W

Waluigi

WBP Ply Circa 1990’s

In a Bathroom.

Today’s ply isn’t as good, in general.
153368FA-A5D6-4D2F-A0AD-4360FFFE409A.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Up in one, that saves on rubble bags!!

W

Waluigi

8’ x 4’ sheet in tiles, on your own down the stairs..........

You can see my hopeless attempts at trying to knock them off. :D

That was a few years ago.

Reply to Tiling over plywood substrate in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks