Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling over 22mm T&G chipboard in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

I’ts not a product I use personally but I’d suspect the mesh adds lateral strength to the build up and creates an almost independent slab so to speak. I’d prefer to go with Ditra as the tried and tested and easiest option.

M

MarshallTile

Hi contact Nicobond technical and they will talk you through it. Found it hard to believe myself but it works even on floor boards provided the floor has not too much deflection and you use a quality flex adhesive.
PM me for the Yorkshire rep's telephone number

***edited by admin - sorry phone numbers not allowed in the open forums ***

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

I’ts not a product I use personally but I’d suspect the mesh adds lateral strength to the build up and creates an almost independent slab so to speak. I’d prefer to go with Ditra as the tried and tested and easiest option.
Maybe it should be called plastic chicken wire rather than plastic ply .

M

MarshallTile

Ha ha maybe. Ive used it on 2 jobs now and no come backs... as yet. Watch this space.

M

MarshallTile

Nicobond will guarantee it as long as you use there products. Primers adhesives grout ect

M

Mark1979

Hi Guys, just in terms of the mention of Ditra (above) I've just been reading up and am I correct that I can only use unmodified thin set mortar per their specification. Given I'm installing quartz that needs a two part S2 adhesive doesn't this exclude Ditra from my options?

M

Mark1979

You should not use an s2 with ditra
Thanks - I can see the dural will work with S2. Given the suggestion above about using both hardi board and a decoupling membrane is there any benefit in me putting dural on over the hardi as it'd only cost a few hundred at this stage or is it overkill / no benefit?

Reaction score
Hi, I've just googled it and am no expert so please ignore my ignorance, but I'm struggling to understand how this works if everything I've been told about Ditra/Hardie method is correct. How is it better then just tiling on chipboard as surely the plastic mesh just transfers any movement from the wood to the tile?
N&C Plastic Ply is an anti-fracture mesh that is 2mm thick. To be laid on timber floor and it counter acts deflective forces caused by the natural movement in timber floors
Watch the video Easy to cut, lay and it does work (It is NHBC Approved)

Reply to Tiling over 22mm T&G chipboard in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks