Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on a ceiling advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Been asked to tile a steam room, customer also want the ceiling tanked and tiled. The ceiling at the mo is skimmed plaster board,but can be altered, if it needs to. I have never been asked to tank and tile on to a ceiling and need to know if this is possible. Any advice will be appreciated.

M

mikethetile

turn the room upside down phil and when they are dry turn it right way up:lol:

use the suction method

M

mikethetile

back butter the tiles with a continuos bead of addy near the edge and press home excluding the air and creating a vacuum

D

DHTiling

Replace the plaster board with cement board..

what tiles you using.. some need mechanical fixings.

Reply to Tiling on a ceiling advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hi there Homeowner here who recently had my kitchen tiled by a professional tiler. We’ve been...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen