Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Re: Hall of shame....

Highlander...that stairs photo :yikes::yikes: What'd they set that tile with...dirt?:smilewinkgrin:

S

Spud

I have been going through the snagging list for an apartment i have just got the keys for abroad ,thought i would post a few pictures of the delightful tiling i was given ,so creative a true masterpiece of skill and workmanship and well deserved in this thread , what do you think will it make it into grace's dad's competetion ?

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Gary,

If that photo with the pencil doesn't demonstrate what "lippage" is for a prospective customer, then I don't know what will! YIKES!:yikes:

S

Spud

There's every chance you could win this one Gary:yikes:
dont know mate its a foreign builder, the bathrooms are truly bad ,lovely devlopement but the finishing is poor just hope they can sort it ,the bathrooms need completely retiling and those ugly shower bases have to be removed and shower trays fitted, i will posts pics when they have finished the snagging in fairness to see if they can do a good standard

L

Leatherface

Not a major bad one as easily rectified. Did a job last year, wedi wet tray. Noticed that the tray seemed to have a lot of movement, after being installed by plumber : found out he had stuck it down with silicone.
Got plumber back to lift it, once lifted I noticed that he had also not put enough supporting joists or plywood to support tray.
Photo 1 shows newly laid ply over new joists on left and right hand side shows remnants of silicone he used to stick down.
Photo 2 shows My bed of adhesive ( keraquick & latex ) prior to fixing tray

Attachments

• 2008_0906tilingnew0081.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 166
  • 2008_0906tilingnew0010.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 168
R

Rob Z

Any photos of the Wedi tray after you reinstalled it? :thumbsup: We don't see Wedi trays over here but I have used so much of the Wedi panels that I have a real interest in the shower floors. One of my retailers tried to bring them in and get some interest generated, but I think they never sold even the one they brought in as a demo model.

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another First for UK Tiling Forum; Crossing the 1 Million Posts Mark Soon It appears the other...
Replies
Views
This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen