Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Re: Hall of shame....

was all done in a day, there was 2 of them, we went for the middle quote !

are you trying to tell me there were two tilers as bad as each other!!

anyway, you didn't answer all my questions mate, how did you find the experiance? did you try and find out info on the net after the job? did you have a row with the misses? did you lose sleep? did you pay them anything?

and was it a factor in you wanting to become a tiler?

L

Leatherface

Paid him only £100,initially only because he had not cleaned off grout properly, he would not come back to sort !
It was later when I realised how bad the rest of it was, I was not a tiler then.
He did the job with his wife :yikes:
That is why we went for them, thought husband and wife team would be ok, they seemed to know what they were talking about at the time.
Many sleepless nights and tears from my wife

C

Colour Republic

He did the job with his wife :yikes:
That is why we went for them, thought husband and wife team would be ok, they seemed to know what they were talking about at the time.

Did the name Bonnie and Clyde Tiling Limited not rasie any alarms:lol:

:mad2:Now at the risk of appearing rude, I'm afraid i'm going to have to ask you again!! 'Did it have any bearing on you becoming a tiler?' I'm just curious mate :thumbsup:

L

Leatherface

No
i had a very well paid job, was made redundant, my mate a kitchen and bathroom fitter encouraged me to take the leap !

D

Daz

Just for Aaron,

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3502-just-aaron-crossed-wires.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3506-why-bother-adhesive.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3500-09032009-002.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Swanseajack

Started ripping up a bathroom floor on Friday , due to tile/grout failure. Couple of things: Floor over boarded with 4mm ply and fixed with clout nails, non flexi addy (no porcelbond) used for porcelain tiles. Also, when I took the bath panel cladding off, I found It was fixed to chipboard, as was the bath end shelf. The bath is fixed approxiametely 20mm off wall, the concealed shower valve is not concealed, fiitings are exposed, and they have cut around backplate and tried to piece in tiles around fittings. Total shambles. I have advised to rip out and start again. Photos to follow.

R

R Montgomery

Kitchen floor tiles...virtually zero percent coverage. My guys demo'd about 600 sq ft with a shovel and a wheelbarrow in about 2 hours. The entire floor was like this...I don't think we found one tile that was well bonded to the concrete.
Looks like you found one of my jobs Rob.

C

Colour Republic

test post

why can't i get past page 6 when viewing this thread? i know new posts are there I just can't see them:dizzy2:

G

Gazzer

About 3 weeks ago i was asked to do some tiling for a builder but i was too busy at teh time to do it within his time scale so he did it himself.
Its a supposed to be a wet room but no membrane was in place . the adhesive is tubbed gear from Granfix and although it does say on the bucket it is suitable , i certainly wouldnt use it.
The joints were lipping everywhere and grout was left on the tiles. They hadnt been cleaned properly and i can see it will be a big effort to get them looking clean. I made no comments but got on with the other work that was to be done in the building.
Sorry my camera phone is rubbish but then so is this tiling.
View attachment 3068

View attachment 3069

View attachment 3070

View attachment 3071

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

test post

why can't i get past page 6 when viewing this thread? i know new posts are there I just can't see them:dizzy2:

It happens from time to time, there isnt a page 6, there was probably some spam post thats been removed that pushed the post count onto page 6, but when it was removed the forum doesnt remove a page from the page count. This post may well actually make it back to page 6 ...lol

C

Colour Republic

All working for me again:thumbsup:

That's a lovely cut around the waste for the sink Sir ramic:thumbsdown: Was the tiling in the builders house or on one of his jobs? I can see him getting bumped if it was for a paying customer

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen