Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Re: Hall of shame....

was all done in a day, there was 2 of them, we went for the middle quote !

are you trying to tell me there were two tilers as bad as each other!!

anyway, you didn't answer all my questions mate, how did you find the experiance? did you try and find out info on the net after the job? did you have a row with the misses? did you lose sleep? did you pay them anything?

and was it a factor in you wanting to become a tiler?

L

Leatherface

Paid him only £100,initially only because he had not cleaned off grout properly, he would not come back to sort !
It was later when I realised how bad the rest of it was, I was not a tiler then.
He did the job with his wife :yikes:
That is why we went for them, thought husband and wife team would be ok, they seemed to know what they were talking about at the time.
Many sleepless nights and tears from my wife

C

Colour Republic

He did the job with his wife :yikes:
That is why we went for them, thought husband and wife team would be ok, they seemed to know what they were talking about at the time.

Did the name Bonnie and Clyde Tiling Limited not rasie any alarms:lol:

:mad2:Now at the risk of appearing rude, I'm afraid i'm going to have to ask you again!! 'Did it have any bearing on you becoming a tiler?' I'm just curious mate :thumbsup:

L

Leatherface

No
i had a very well paid job, was made redundant, my mate a kitchen and bathroom fitter encouraged me to take the leap !

D

Daz

Just for Aaron,

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3502-just-aaron-crossed-wires.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3506-why-bother-adhesive.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

captain-slow-albums-omfg-picture3500-09032009-002.html%5Dtilersforums.com%20%7C%20Tile%20Forums%20%7C%20Tiling%20Forum%20-%20Captain%20Slow%27s%20Album:%20OMFG%21%21%20-%20Picture

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Swanseajack

Started ripping up a bathroom floor on Friday , due to tile/grout failure. Couple of things: Floor over boarded with 4mm ply and fixed with clout nails, non flexi addy (no porcelbond) used for porcelain tiles. Also, when I took the bath panel cladding off, I found It was fixed to chipboard, as was the bath end shelf. The bath is fixed approxiametely 20mm off wall, the concealed shower valve is not concealed, fiitings are exposed, and they have cut around backplate and tried to piece in tiles around fittings. Total shambles. I have advised to rip out and start again. Photos to follow.

R

R Montgomery

Kitchen floor tiles...virtually zero percent coverage. My guys demo'd about 600 sq ft with a shovel and a wheelbarrow in about 2 hours. The entire floor was like this...I don't think we found one tile that was well bonded to the concrete.
Looks like you found one of my jobs Rob.

C

Colour Republic

test post

why can't i get past page 6 when viewing this thread? i know new posts are there I just can't see them:dizzy2:

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Another First for UK Tiling Forum; Crossing the 1 Million Posts Mark Soon It appears the other...
Replies
Views
This is the A Friend of ours, UK Tiling Forum, is worth a mention for sure Discussion Thread We...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen