Search the forum,

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Bloody hell that's bad!!!

not sure what's worse, the guy who tiled it or the customer who lets it get so bad before thinking maybe it needs rectifying, even more so that it's a wet room, where did they think the water was going???

Q

Qwerty

Bloody hell that's bad!!!

not sure what's worse, the guy who tiled it or the customer who lets it get so bad before thinking maybe it needs rectifying, even more so that it's a wet room, where did they think the water was going???

A bit of both I think! They even said they hope the joists aren't affected!!! It's ok though, they assumed I was free to start work on it next week........more like mid November!

S

Stef

A bit of both I think! They even said they hope the joists aren't affected!!! It's ok though, they assumed I was free to start work on it next week........more like mid November!

Haha love it when a customer just assumes that you can start a job in the next few days.
Although it doesn't always mean you are a bad tiler!!! [emoji6][emoji6]

Q

Qwerty

Yet another one today....looks ok for a 10yr old floor. Felt solid enough, but removed the whole floor plus adhesive in 20 minutes by by hand. Tiles completely de bonded when exposed to slight leverage due to the old bitumen contaminating the bond with the tiles. Another job to use the SBR slurry

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408384893.592906.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408385101.660109.jpg

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Came across this today.
chiboard, 6 mm ply, wedi board tray moving about, no tanking, dotted tiles.
And yes that is the room below through to hole.
job done 4 years ago!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 151

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
So the ceiling below is up the shoot as well then:yikes:
tbh on the face of it the bathroom looked amazing. Since this happened she had been using a guest bathroom , which again looks amazing . The tiles are limestone and since they have been using it every day, the stone is getting stained. It again has a wet room type shower. Having a closer look, most of the tile joints are cracked and a lot are loose. Went downstairs to look under this one and low and behold , new damp patch!
The same tiler did both!
the original tiler blames the plumber for not tanking, the original plumber blames the builder who allegedly fitted the tray. And the builder is no longer with us to defend.
customer was nearly in tears. I have proposed taking up tiles ( no longer made!) replacing tray, floor and under floor heating. Tanking shower and re tiling. Quick tot up came to about £2400 per bathroom.

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen