Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

KevinH

TF
Reaction score
I'm in the planning stage of a complete re-fit of my family bathroom. Looks like we've decided to go with these tiles from Tile Giant:

Harmony Slate Mix
Replica Steel Grey Wall

I don't have the tools to mitre the corners so I've been looking for options using tile trim. Rather than using the usual quadrant trim I've found this which looks (IMO) quite smart: Crown Tiles | Pack of 5 7mm Grey Pro Tile Trim - Crown Tiles. The only problem with using this company is their delivery charges - £24 if you are spending less than £120. I've done the usual searching on the web but can't find these anywhere else. In the grand scheme of things £24 is about 1% of my budget so perhaps I just need to swallow the cost...

Has anybody else seen anything similar elsewhere? I could go down the metal trim route but not sure if I want that look. I have a small window, shower niche, some soil pipe boxing and a short stud wall that separates the bath from shower with exposed corners.

Cheers - Kevin

Reaction score
I'm in the planning stage of a complete re-fit of my family bathroom. Looks like we've decided to go with these tiles from Tile Giant:

Harmony Slate Mix
Replica Steel Grey Wall

I don't have the tools to mitre the corners so I've been looking for options using tile trim. Rather than using the usual quadrant trim I've found this which looks (IMO) quite smart: Crown Tiles | Pack of 5 7mm Grey Pro Tile Trim - Crown Tiles. The only problem with using this company is their delivery charges - £24 if you are spending less than £120. I've done the usual searching on the web but can't find these anywhere else. In the grand scheme of things £24 is about 1% of my budget so perhaps I just need to swallow the cost...

Has anybody else seen anything similar elsewhere? I could go down the metal trim route but not sure if I want that look. I have a small window, shower niche, some soil pipe boxing and a short stud wall that separates the bath from shower with exposed corners.

Cheers - Kevin

Hi Kevin,

We released a new range of finishes for profiles called TRENDLINE which have real-to-the-touch textures that match with concrete, stone and the current on-trend tiles ranges, more details can be found here Broken Link Removed and the profiles can be purchased via a number of resellers nationwide.

Regards

Carl

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinH

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll check with the Home Office (aka SWMBO).

I do like the look of the QUADEC-TS but I'm going to have to ensure I have 2 very clean edges rather than just one (assuming trim would have covered up one of the edges). Might mean I need to invest in a new cutter and not use my wet cutter which can chip the edge even though I have a diamond wheel.

S

Stef

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check with the Home Office (aka SWMBO).

I do like the look of the QUADEC-TS but I'm going to have to ensure I have 2 very clean edges rather than just one (assuming trim would have covered up one of the edges). Might mean I need to invest in a new cutter and not use my wet cutter which can chip the edge even though I have a diamond wheel.
Even with a diamond wheel on a wet saw you will struggle to get a true edge back on a tile.

KevinH

TF
Reaction score
Would something like a Sigma 2G be overkill for a project like mine? I have about 23m of tiles to fit (floor to ceiling so plenty of cutting to do). I'm not expecting to have another big (for me) project to do anytime soon. Kitchen maybe next year. I guess it puts the £24 postage into context which is where this thread started. Trying to save that on postage and end up spending £100 on a new cutter!

S

Stef

Would something like a Sigma 2G be overkill for a project like mine? I have about 23m of tiles to fit (floor to ceiling so plenty of cutting to do). I'm not expecting to have another big (for me) project to do anytime soon. Kitchen maybe next year. I guess it puts the £24 postage into context which is where this thread started. Trying to save that on postage and end up spending £100 on a new cutter!
The baby sigma is good, that's what I use.
If you invested in a bigger cutter you would get good money resale from it.

Reply to Tile Trim in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi, 1st time tiling, decided our ensuite would benefit from being a wetroom. Quick question, any...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen