Search the forum,

Discuss Tile spacers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Who leaves tile spacers in when they are tiling, or do you remove them before grouting? I know what i do, just wondered what everybody else does....:smilewinkgrin:

L

LM Ceramics

usually take them out but im very carefull not to chip the tiles i find taking spacers out is easier for me

C

Colour Republic

leave them in.... well if they are set back enough.

Who else get's annoyed when you buy 2mm spacers and find they aren't 2mm but 2mm and a bit:mad2:, meaning you can't use them with others you've got

B

brian c

i prefer to leave them in as i normally push the spacers in too far:smilewinkgrin:

M

mikethetile

i use pegs and remove them spacers left in can ghost if left in and is bad practice :ban:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to remove them during tiling. So i'd tile to a height around the room, or on one wall, and then as I tile above that I'd nab the spacers from the first few square meters and re-use them on the next few.

Though that'll work with ceramics, and on floors using any tile, you might find you need to keep using them while the adhesive goes off if you're using heavy tiles, or large ones. And those are being fitted a lot more now than when I used to tile.

I used to hate pulling them all out before grouting, and I'd never grout over them, there's always one or two that cause big problems or you chip tile edges trying to force them out with something. So I got used to waiting for the adhesive to go off enough to carry the weight of the tile and simply re-use as many as I could / would dare.

Reply to Tile spacers. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen