Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Sealers From B & Q Trade Point Or Wickes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
image.png

Found your other account: Ceramico tiling

Didn't they teach you about sealers at Able Skills?

Last edited:
I

Italy

Permission to speak freely, and I am fairly side tracked from my original post now.

I am pretty sure LTP and Lithofin got a £20 bottle of white spirit/stone stripper as well. Sorry if i am dissing tiling brands on here but I come on here for proper discussion on materials to further my knowledge. Not to find what brand to be used next and to get the same info time and again I can find on the back of a tin.
If the chemicals are the same then the quality is the same. Ok there are some undeniable products like Grimex. but I can tell you that it is like 99% amonia. A commonly found chemical and I bet allot cheaper. These manufacturers must be laughing at us!!

It seems like the guys who pipe up dont really know and its always the same (back of the tin rubbish with some form of quality shinanigans included) written by the manufacturers/british standards etc, and you said it yourself Dan, professionals wont ever use anything other than from a tiling manufacturer. So how can they know!

Then the other guys who may be able to shed some light and further our knowledge on here and make things interesting are to scared to say anything because they dont want to oppose all the guys with pretty badges and thousands of posts and look like a cowboy for trying new things. Its a disappointing shallow perspective on things.

Ok commence deletion of account LOL :)
no counts how many badges you.
or how many messages said.
I'm interested in what you say.
(I understand);)

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry for delay , just decanting a couple of pallets of product fom the sheds into our bottles.

The prices mostly indicate ingredients purchased and used to make these products, and other services provided

There will be cheaper products, you could use them!! Test them first
Are these products going to last?? 8-12 months for some products, ours 4-7 years others claim longer. Are these product actually cheaper, If you have to apply them every year?
Are these products going to get you paid at the end of a job , probably,
Are these products going to last for your client, who knows!! But you want a referral from them for as long as possible, for your "word of mouth work" if a floor fails , it's not always the products blamed , its who applied them
Do these cheaper products, give you technical line you can call if you you need advice on application or to install/specifi a particular difficult tile,
Will these products give your client a technical number to call if they have problems , so they don't call you!!!!
Will these products , offer a site visit if your really up the creak!!!
Our tiling outlets , go to great lengths to put on days ,evening s, where ,if you wish to attend you can ask directly our guys , hands on questions, demos, best solutions
Do these others offer that, from these days you can get a direct conTact number for our guys. Our six main tech staff have combined 130 years experience , all hands on

As dan said , people spend lots of hard earned cash on expensive tiles, to put a quality product in and have peace of mind as a tiler and as a client , is this not most important for a professional approach .

So to answer your question ,Go to said out let, ask the guy on the help desk for help, sure he will help and know what product your talking about. Or ring the techline on the bottle, hang on ,I've had a look there isn't one!!

Hopefully I have given a few examples of why we are slightly more expensive, and we are stocked in professional tiling outlets

W

WetSaw

If his trolling was aimed at my response he's pissing up the wrong tree. I don't for one moment think that any of the professionals on here would go to a DIY store and get an unproven product to use for something other than it's intended use. If he wants to know what's in a product do your homework and find out!

Reply to Tile Sealers From B & Q Trade Point Or Wickes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen