Discuss Tile Sealers From B & Q Trade Point Or Wickes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry for delay , just decanting a couple of pallets of product fom the sheds into our bottles.

The prices mostly indicate ingredients purchased and used to make these products, and other services provided

There will be cheaper products, you could use them!! Test them first
Are these products going to last?? 8-12 months for some products, ours 4-7 years others claim longer. Are these product actually cheaper, If you have to apply them every year?
Are these products going to get you paid at the end of a job , probably,
Are these products going to last for your client, who knows!! But you want a referral from them for as long as possible, for your "word of mouth work" if a floor fails , it's not always the products blamed , its who applied them
Do these cheaper products, give you technical line you can call if you you need advice on application or to install/specifi a particular difficult tile,
Will these products give your client a technical number to call if they have problems , so they don't call you!!!!
Will these products , offer a site visit if your really up the creak!!!
Our tiling outlets , go to great lengths to put on days ,evening s, where ,if you wish to attend you can ask directly our guys , hands on questions, demos, best solutions
Do these others offer that, from these days you can get a direct conTact number for our guys. Our six main tech staff have combined 130 years experience , all hands on

As dan said , people spend lots of hard earned cash on expensive tiles, to put a quality product in and have peace of mind as a tiler and as a client , is this not most important for a professional approach .

So to answer your question ,Go to said out let, ask the guy on the help desk for help, sure he will help and know what product your talking about. Or ring the techline on the bottle, hang on ,I've had a look there isn't one!!

Hopefully I have given a few examples of why we are slightly more expensive, and we are stocked in professional tiling outlets

W

WetSaw

If his trolling was aimed at my response he's pissing up the wrong tree. I don't for one moment think that any of the professionals on here would go to a DIY store and get an unproven product to use for something other than it's intended use. If he wants to know what's in a product do your homework and find out!

R

Russel

AHH look you put my details up in big letters and showed my address!! This is what you get if you speak your mind and go against the flow on here,, or am I hitting on the truth?.. Dont talk about Able skills ,,why dont you go on one of their courses!
Andyb I asked a question and the only advice I got was from PDC.

I am not ungrateful i am grateful to PDC for that post as It was a good plan. The rest where the usuall rubbish.

Go ahead and delete my account as I have no further use for this forum as I have to deal with this everytime I ask a simple question

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Russel

Everyone comes on here gets some advice, but has to only talk about tiling brands (just read Lithofins post) must be a sponsor.

I have called many technical depts and they dont know what is in their own products (usually) or wont say. Usually get like a bunch of specs and applications. Sometimes you can tell they are reading it as they are saying it.

Its fine I guess if there where no sponsors there would be no forum, but when someone mentions something different its made out like they are going against quality when the people judging them dont know themselves...
when you can get the exact chemical composition used in a lithofin sealer and compare it to a B and Q sealer and say which is more quality and why. Then you can give me advice on what sealer is more quality.

The way Dan posted my details all big like that makes me think this is not a free and open forum and I am beginning to agree with the other forum in using the word "biased"

R

Rookery

Yes you are right I should try them myself. Now does anyone have any idea which are the impregnating ones at B & Q trade point and Wickes. I already wasted £30 on a wax based sealer and there are about another 10 there?

Cheers
In your own words you have already wasted £30 on the wrong sealer. If you're not prepared to take the advice of professionals, then go and buy all the others on offer at B & Q/Wickes and waste even more money. Let us know how you get on wont you, we don't get many larfs round here.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Russel , I was discussing the general top brands, us ,ltp , fila and many others that have a support background Compared to the products you are mentioning, these products are fine I am sure , but with a discounted price ! They may lack the back up and reppelance properties .this is for you to test, to be confident using them.

I actually am a retoration contractor, I have worked with lithofin for a long time also
I am on this forum in my own time with my own opinions , on numerouse times I mention other products if we do not have them and will generally try to help people without mentioning specific products unless they ask. this is my point, I come on here to help people if ican , to inform perhaps about things I know, and enjoy talking about. I mostly like to read the things , I don't know about
I was given the company support banner , I did not ask for it

S

Spud

There are many good companies selling sealers , the ones I trust are Lithofin, Fila and ltp, the reason is because they have worked reliably on the jobs I have tiled over the past 28 years I have been in the industry, I have seen other sealers used on jobs and they have failed to do what they are supposed to, one sealer brand we were supplied on a job took 10 coats as opposed to 3 coats of fila , even after 10 coats the stone wasn't sealed enough and needed to be stripped and redone with fila , Lithofin stain stop has been at the top of the tree for many years and still is one of the best products on the market in my opinion , back this up with there technical support and it's why they are the trusted brand for many tilers

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi

Wickes and B & Q do large 2L tins of all kinds of sealers in the general building section (not the tiling section)
Some of them are wax and acrylic types however I want to know if anyone knows which are the "impregnating" types. They are like 30£ each and I cant tell unless I open them and they dont say on the back.

Cheers
Playing devil's advocate here but the initial post is a fairly simple question. I, like everyone else seemingly on here don't and won't use the big shed sealers so couldn't give an educated answer. My answer if asked "do you know which are impregnating?" would be a simple no I don't. The op in fairness never asked for alternative sealers or which is better.

(My favourites are Lithofin and DryTreat, occasionally use LTP but ssshhh, don't want to upset anyone!)

R

Russel

hbj
There are many good companies selling sealers , the ones I trust are Lithofin, Fila and ltp, the reason is because they have worked reliably on the jobs I have tiled over the past 28 years I have been in the industry, I have seen other sealers used on jobs and they have failed to do what they are supposed to, one sealer brand we were supplied on a job took 10 coats as opposed to 3 coats of fila , even after 10 coats the stone wasn't sealed enough and needed to be stripped and redone with fila , Lithofin stain stop has been at the top of the tree for many years and still is one of the best products on the market in my opinion , back this up with there technical support and it's why they are the trusted brand for many tilers
Cant argue with that,,thanks

Reply to Tile Sealers From B & Q Trade Point Or Wickes in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley