Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Removal - Nightmare Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jaydebruyne

Hi guys n girls,

It's been a while since I posted on here. I'm a plumber by trade (1 years experience) and also gas safe (just passed) but I want to get to grips with basic tiling.

Anyway, I have a job where the basin tap is concealed behind some tiles, they've tiled onto ply. I need to remove the tiles, preferably in one piece, to be able to change the tap.

I was wondering if I could get some expert advice from you lot as to the best course of action. I was thinking I could cut out the grout and then cut through the ply with a multitool, slip the 2 tiles out still on the ply and change the tap. But I went to look at the tiling tonight and I don't think it's feasible.

Here are some photos:

Ry2GuI.jpg

76U56e.jpg

OZFB6s.jpg

The wall tiles have been fitted before the tiles the basin sits on.

Any help would be grand.

Thanks so much.

J

jaydebruyne

How do you know this?...just asking.
How do I know the valve is behind the tiles? Because concealed taps have the valve fitted behind the surface, and because I took off the heads and cover plates and physically saw the valve. I also tried removing the cartridges to replace them but both are seized onto the tap.

J

jaydebruyne

Go in from the other side of the wall.
I thought about that. My next question then is this? If the tap is on a stud, am I to cut off that section of stud and screw in a new piece once the tap has been fitted to it? Sorry for the ignorance but I've never replaced a tap from behind (wrong forum I know, but since you brought up the subject ;) )

Reply to Tile Removal - Nightmare Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen