Currently reading:
Tile Removal - Nightmare Job

Discuss Tile Removal - Nightmare Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Alaska
Tile expands and contracts on its own due to tempature changes, substrates move also, the issue is that none of them move exactly the same, so you have to accept that and do all you can to accommodate it. Leaving tile and grout short of walls and hard edges, soft joints instead of grout when needed and a proper installation to start with all help...some times things happen though, out of our control.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Hi guys n girls,

It's been a while since I posted on here. I'm a plumber by trade (1 years experience) and also gas safe (just passed) but I want to get to grips with basic tiling.

Anyway, I have a job where the basin tap is concealed behind some tiles, they've tiled onto ply. I need to remove the tiles, preferably in one piece, to be able to change the tap.

I was wondering if I could get some expert advice from you lot as to the best course of action. I was thinking I could cut out the grout and then cut through the ply with a multitool, slip the 2 tiles out still on the ply and change the tap. But I went to look at the tiling tonight and I don't think it's feasible.

Here are some photos:

Ry2GuI.jpg

76U56e.jpg

OZFB6s.jpg

The wall tiles have been fitted before the tiles the basin sits on.

Any help would be grand.

Thanks so much.
you have to be joking .these cartridges come out from the front take tap head off remove cover shroud then undo the big brass nut remove and replace the cartridges a less than 5 mins work .back to school for you i think

J

jaydebruyne

you have to be joking .these cartridges come out from the front take tap head off remove cover shroud then undo the big brass nut remove and replace the cartridges a less than 5 mins work .back to school for you i think
I know they come out from the front. I didn't say otherwise. You're quite a rude person. Happy Christmas!!

Reply to Tile Removal - Nightmare Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement