Discuss Tile adhesive Recommendations Please in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jrterror

Hi.
This is a follow up from a previous post. Choosing the correct tile adhesive - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/choosing-the-correct-tile-adhesive.86656/#post-915141

I live in Barnsley and have found the staff at one of our larger tile retailers less than knowledgeable. So came here to ask those in the know.

I'll attempt to keep in brief.

I would like recommendations on the correct adhesive to buy for installing 500x300 BCT Ted Baker Versatile wall tiles. I have learned recently that these tiles may not be of good quality. I have found posts on this site about these BCT tiles cracking after installation. Some suggested however, that the fault maybe with poor preparation. i.e not taping joints etc.

I want an adhesive that is suitable to adhere these tiles in a ensuite, which includes a shower. The shower area has been tanked.
Note: I can't return the tiles.

I believe I need a C2TES1 class adhesive, but I maybe wrong. That's why I'm asking you guys.

I live in Barnsley and don't know of any independent stores, which would probably be best. Do you know of any?
If not, not a problem, I really need your recommendations for an adhesive. I'm a complete novice, so Im guessing a standard set adhesive would be best. What's your thoughts
Ta.
D

D

Dumbo

Do not choose to use bct tiles . You should bear in mind form over function , or function over form . You will get over form, i.e. Not your first choice of tiles . But you will not get over function i.e. Cracked tiles , lipped joints due to tile warping , poor quality glaze , not always to spot on installation . Is there not a ctd near you .

F

Flintstone

Your not too far from me, I don’t deal with any tile shops in Barnsley but I can tell you where to get adhesive and tiles from an independent in Sheffield If that’s a help to you?

F

Flintstone

Rotherham Tile Centre stocks Tilemaster adhesives, that’s the closest to you that I know of.

J

Jrterror

Do not choose to use bct tiles . You should bear in mind form over function , or function over form . You will get over form, i.e. Not your first choice of tiles . But you will not get over function i.e. Cracked tiles , lipped joints due to tile warping , poor quality glaze , not always to spot on installation . Is there not a ctd near you .
Hi. What's a CTD?
Also, we have no choice but to use the tiles. We bought them on offer, a long time ago, knowing nothing of their possible poor quality.
Ta

W

Waluigi

Any single part flexible will do the job. With a suitable primer.

With BCT, they can be OK if you lay them on grid format. In brick bond, they can be somewhat ‘lippy’

J

Jrterror

Any actual recommended adhesives for this application. ?

Also, I have to install these tiles (on the wall), so what can I do to give them the best chance? The tankings been completed months now, with now sign of cracking, so I presume it's stable.

F

Flintstone

I’ve recommended Tilemaster adhesives from Rotherham tile centre, 20 mins from Barnsley.

W

Waluigi

Tilemaster slow set flexible would do it. The setaflex In a maroon bag.

Prime the walls with tilemaster Prime plus diluted with water as per their specs

J

Jrterror

Any single part flexible will do the job. With a suitable primer.

With BCT, they can be OK if you lay them on grid format. In brick bond, they can be somewhat ‘lippy’
Thanks for your reply.
What does single part mean?
Also thanks for the ''grid format' tip.

J

Jrterror

Tilemaster slow set flexible would do it. The setaflex In a maroon bag.

Prime the walls with tilemaster Prime plus diluted with water as per their specs
Hi. Thanks for the reply. Can you be more specific with the actual product you a re recommending please. Perhaps a link to the actual item page. Sorry to be a pain.

J

Jrterror

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Can you be more specific with the actual product you a re recommending please. Perhaps a link to the actual item page. Sorry to be a pain.
Also would it be compatible with the tanking I have done. Can't remember which system it was though. Sorry.

W

Waluigi

I’m no Tilemaster expert by any means, I just chose one based on it being flexible and slow setting.

It’ll be fine with your tanking.

6A884CBE-959C-44DA-A054-3EEEF5E1F392.jpeg

Reply to Tile adhesive Recommendations Please in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks