Search the forum,

Discuss Substraight advice for splashback in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Ok, strange one. My customer was advised to chalk his walls. He has removed the old tiles and adhesive in the kitchen which, luckily, has left the walls in a fairly straight condition. But he had bought tubes of chalk and kind of applied it like you would with plaster to the whole wall. I have just used an aycrlic primer diluted 1:1 as per instructions, but this has weakened the chalk meaning I can basically scrape it of with my fingers. Any advice please? Using bal green star, 150 x 150 ceramic (cheap) tiles. Thank you

Reaction score
Tried to get it off but it's left the substraight in a pretty crap state. No plaster in places. So I either try and scrape of all the plaster, cut out the plaster board and reboard or overboard with 3mm? Backer board.

Reaction score
Update: the customer has spoken to his Dad, who gave the chalking advice. His Dad is a painter and decorator and has now said, "just PVA it, then when it's dry you can tile it, that's what i did in my bathroom" :flushed::fearscream: I've explained that you don't use PVA for tiling.

It turns out the rest of the chalk came of easy, so I'm going to re-skim one area, then tile when it's gone off....using acrylic primer of course

Reply to Substraight advice for splashback in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen