Discuss Struggling To Find A Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Before I can tile my neighbours splashback I need to source a tile that I thought would be really easy to find.

I'm after:
Plain white gloss
Flat (not bevelled)
Rectangular - no bigger than 200x100 (preferably 150x75)
At least 8mm thick

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!!

T

Tile Shop

Thickness is the problem..... 6 or 7mm are pretty common. 8mm, I can only think of the Minton Hollins from Topps.

T

Tile Shop

Used to be 8 when we did them..... that was a few years back now though. Stopped doing them when we we made aware they were gonna be exclusve to topps....

anyway, only other non bevelled I can find is Glass!

T

Tile Shop

Just spoke to Johnsons Sales (they make the Mintons for Topps). She confirmed the MH are definately 8mm.

but unfortunately can't find anything cheaper :( sorry.

Can I ask why it needs to be that thick?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just spoke to Johnsons Sales (they make the Mintons for Topps). She confirmed the MH are definately 8mm.

but unfortunately can't find anything cheaper :( sorry.

Can I ask why it needs to be that thick?

It's going to be in combination with some thick glass mosaics so really just want to avoid bedding out all the field tiles to get flush with the mosaics and trim.
Didn't think it would be like looking for hen's teeth
Wonder what kind of discount I could get on them?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Okay - measured up this morning and ordered them today. Should be in Thursday.
Just went for bog standard 200x100 white gloss from TG. Checked the ones at CTD but they were ever so slightly thinner.
Still means bedding out a bit to come flush with mosaics and trim but it's only 1.5m2 of field tiles - sure I'll cope!

Reply to Struggling To Find A Tile in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks