Search the forum,

Discuss Square edge metal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi all
Out of interest came across some Homelux chrome square edge metal tile trim.
Has anybody used these and what were there thoughts?
Reason for asking i've got a 12mm tile job soon and the 12.5mm tile trims don't seem to but up comfortably.
With these square edged not only did the tile fit snuggly it also sits in by 10mm allowing quite a bit of tolerance if needed.
May also be a better mitred cut than a quad curve??
Cheers
Kev

D

davy_G

The square edge trim is nice, i often just run it in the all as a border, or if there is a feature tile border as a border to it (if you know what i mean).

I dont mitre it just but it up against the trim running at right angles to it.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have used them in the past but think they look too heavy / too much if that makes sense. Easy to cut etc the same as any other. I prefer to use trim with as little visible edge as possible - an L shape suits me fine!

P

Perry

i use the 6mm polished chrome as a stop bead on penny rounds as you cant mitre them to easily or the 12mm up to carpet lol

simplythebest

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I personally prefer square edged trim i believe it gives a much classier finish esp in stainless steel( although cutting reqires s/s cutting discs) it looks good and presents a nice finish. I know homelux do some metal trims and as far as i know they are straight foward to cut with standard metal blades.I always mitre these as well i know the showing joint is hardly seen but sometimes this attention to detail will present repeat custom. Schluter have a great range of decent trims in various metals.

F

faithhealer

Used the homelux 'L' shaped trim a couple of times lately (as opposed to the box trim.) Just sits on the edge of the tile, very nice in brushed stainless finish

Reply to Square edge metal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen