Search the forum,

Discuss Square edge metal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kaharrison9

Hi all
Out of interest came across some Homelux chrome square edge metal tile trim.
Has anybody used these and what were there thoughts?
Reason for asking i've got a 12mm tile job soon and the 12.5mm tile trims don't seem to but up comfortably.
With these square edged not only did the tile fit snuggly it also sits in by 10mm allowing quite a bit of tolerance if needed.
May also be a better mitred cut than a quad curve??
Cheers
Kev

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I have used them in the past but think they look too heavy / too much if that makes sense. Easy to cut etc the same as any other. I prefer to use trim with as little visible edge as possible - an L shape suits me fine!

simplythebest

TF
Arms
I personally prefer square edged trim i believe it gives a much classier finish esp in stainless steel( although cutting reqires s/s cutting discs) it looks good and presents a nice finish. I know homelux do some metal trims and as far as i know they are straight foward to cut with standard metal blades.I always mitre these as well i know the showing joint is hardly seen but sometimes this attention to detail will present repeat custom. Schluter have a great range of decent trims in various metals.

Reply to Square edge metal tile trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.