Search the forum,

Discuss Simple way to mitre a tile..................Mitre Wiz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mitre Wiz

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your previous feedback it has really helped since i was last on here. Mitre Wiz is an attchment that will go on any grinder that makes the skill of mitring a tile very simple. Since i was on here last we have been working hard on making the tool safer, faster and simpler. Many thanks to those replies last time your feedback was very valuable and improvements were made from your constructive criticism. We have recently done a couple of new videos and have upgraded the tool itself. Would be great if you guys could again have a look and tell me what you all think. Not far off release and will arrange some samples through this forum.

Perfect Mitre Edges in Seconds with The Mitre Wiz - YouTube

The Mitre Wiz is making cutting simple! - YouTube

Once again thanks for your time and feedback

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mitre Wiz

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. You will be so impressed how easy it is too use certainly does work as well as the video suggests. It def helps to have quality continuous diamond blade but it is so simple. . Do you do a lot of mitring or do you tend too use trim. Check this video out and it gives you a better idea of how quick and easy it is......

The Mitre Wiz in action. - YouTube

Thanks again

cheers

the idea is excellent.but for the professional tiler it will stand or fall on the quality of the finished mitre.price is not the issue unless its marketed for the diys.i tried many chop saws in the past but in the end had to pay for a real flip over to get a decent joint in timber,so the same applies in tiling. quality costs but we seek pefection(dont we?)

K

kendo1

i agree with jindru. quality has to be there first . the price isnt that important. how many here have a festool , ye all know that quality of tool and quality of job done matter more than price. id like to see it made from stainless, derlin, or aircraft grade aluminium anadised

Indeed. Why not a product for DIY and a product for professionals?

M

Mitre Wiz

Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the comments so far...... been a few different opinions and questions so i will try and answer them for you.
We intend to price the mitre wiz well enough so that both diy and tilers will want and afford to give it a go. Having 1 made for diyers and a separate commercial 1 for a tiler is an option. However the material that we are currently looking at to make it with (30% glass filled plastic) should last even the tiler years of use. I realise that some tilers prefer trim over mitres as it protects the edges and some feel it leave it looking professional and mitres can be difficult and time consuming. We have designed the mitre wiz with that in mind so it leaves enough biscuit of the tile to make the joint strong and professional (2mm) that only takes approx secs to cut. I am confident that once it comes to market even the most objective tilers to mitres will be impressed enough to have one in their tool box. (with time) Have even tested it with people that have never picked up a grinder and have got it right the first time. Talking to a lot of people on this topic mitre or trim one of the main probs with trim is it dates a long time befor the tiling. As far as scratching the glazed surface it hasnt been a problem as the majority of dust and grit is blown downwards by the grinder. Mitre or trim is a common argument by tilers and both have a place in the profession. Not trying to compete or replace trim just trying to make mitring much easier, safer and ultimately faster so that it will be a simpler option for those that dont have a wet saw or cant do it by eye with a grinder. I ask those that prefer trim have you needed to mitre at some stage over the last 12 months? If you knew mitring was a simpleand much faster task that left the your job with a strong professional edge that cost no extra (trim costs) would you consider going back to mitring? Thanks for your time app it.......
Troy MD Mitre Wiz

Reply to Simple way to mitre a tile..................Mitre Wiz in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.