Currently reading:
should i rip it up now??? cant believe it

Discuss should i rip it up now??? cant believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trebor

tiled and grouted kitchen floor other day, looks ok (my own, not a tiler) had a couple of metres of tiles left so today decided to put them on bathroom floor. got the half bag of adhesive out, mixed it up, laid tiles. went back to bag to see how long before i can grout, and discovered i have picked up the wrong bag and used the grout to lay them!!! shall i rip em up now or wait for em to come up on their own??? you are quite welome to take the p***, i think it's quite funny myself.
it's bal superflex wide joint grout i've used.

D

DHTiling

:lol: :lol: :lol: ................nice one...........made me laff as well.....

I once was asked by a plumber if he could use some of my flexi adhesive to stick a shower tray down with... i said no probs there is another bag in the garage....he too mixed up super-flex grout instead and stuck the tray down with that.....
I was to pic up when i seen what he used and then made him buy another bag of grout...:grin:

M

MICK the Tiler

Time for the eyes to be tested me thinks.

We have all mad mistakes, but always remember this. It is only a mistake until you CAN"T fix it.

One of my 1st jobs I did when i'd just finished my apprenticeship was a townhouse with 2 bathrooms and tiled throughout. My boss at the time said "you can handle this on your own Mick", and left me to it. well I was keen as mustard and didn't want to disapoint so got started nice and early the following day. I was flying and had both bathroom floors down by lunchtime. The boss had popped back to see if everything was going OK. He was really calm and went and had a look at what i'd done. Came out and sat down beside me while I was eating lunch and said "Your doing a nice job on those floors in there but youv'e got the colours mixed up." I said "WHAT" he said "the ensuite tiles go in the batroom and the bathroom go in the ensuite". Spent the rest of the day pulling up and cleaning down. DO'H

G

Gazzer

My step brother was on holiday in Spain when his mate he was staying with asked if he would like to do some work while there. The job was tiling a metre down from the top off a pool all the way around the pool. "Yeah, no problem" he says , so at teh end of his holiday he had cancelled flight back and rearranged it. Started work and got off to a flying start. By the end of the 1st day he was over half way around. He thought that he would grout the tiles the following morning but when he came back they were still moving. So off he went again and by late afternoon he was done with fixing. Still the tiles were moving. The third day arrived and he went to grout, the tiles moved and could be pulled off easily. So off he went to the shed where he found the adhesive and sure enough it was the correct stuff but wait a minute !!!!! what is this liquid he found in a box behind the bags adhesive.....??? oops 2 part adhesive and he had used water :grin:.......TAXI !! and he was at the airport :lol:

Reply to should i rip it up now??? cant believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.