Search the forum,

Discuss should i rip it up now??? cant believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trebor

tiled and grouted kitchen floor other day, looks ok (my own, not a tiler) had a couple of metres of tiles left so today decided to put them on bathroom floor. got the half bag of adhesive out, mixed it up, laid tiles. went back to bag to see how long before i can grout, and discovered i have picked up the wrong bag and used the grout to lay them!!! shall i rip em up now or wait for em to come up on their own??? you are quite welome to take the p***, i think it's quite funny myself.
it's bal superflex wide joint grout i've used.

G

Gazzer

Well they aint gonna be down long so may as well get them up now. Never mind mate, better luck next time.

D

DHTiling

:lol: :lol: :lol: ................nice one...........made me laff as well.....

I once was asked by a plumber if he could use some of my flexi adhesive to stick a shower tray down with... i said no probs there is another bag in the garage....he too mixed up super-flex grout instead and stuck the tray down with that.....
I was to pic up when i seen what he used and then made him buy another bag of grout...:grin:

T

TilingLogistics

I once fixed some large format floor tiles with tubbed addy and wondered why they were still moving about a week later:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

That was by the way long before I took up tiling as a profession:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kev

F

floydyboy

you got as much chance of them floor tiles staying down as a concrete block as floating on water ,PULL THEM UP MATE.:thumbsup:

F

funkykoval

that story made my day hahahaha
but seriously that could have happened to anyone. Don't worry :yes:
mistakes like that happen only once
or do they?

Reply to should i rip it up now??? cant believe it in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen