Search the forum,

Discuss Rip Rotozip in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well after 8 years of hammer my Rotozip died in spectacular fashion today in a shower of sparks and 150 mph projectile bearings.
Thank god I was outside or I reckon the bath I'd just put in would have been peppered with holes.
Got myself a shiny new Bosch one on it's way and I'm quite excited - not bought any power tools in ages.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
3165140588645_181e2c36-73f0-4923-a199-7e3bc7bd37cc_1024x1024.jpg

P

p4ulo

Oooh, that looks nice. Do us a review when you start using it please, I can see a place for that in my tool-kit.
How much?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got mine for £120.
I've used my rotozip on almost every job and I wouldn't want to be without it and from what I can tell this will be better.

Slightly more power than my Rotozip
This has variable speed and my rotozip didn't
This also has a soft start - the rotozip could twist your wrist on start up
I normally only use this bit:
s-l300.jpg

but I shall try out the dry core bits too.

O

Old Mod

Does urs come with any accessories Nick?
Like dust extraction hose?
If so :) where D'u get urs from, if u don't mind mate?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sitebox Online Home Page

Comes with a few bits - I have all the accessories for my Rotozip but only used them a couple of times - too much hassle lol
I'm going to stock up on enough diamond router bits to last the lifetime of the new tool for fear of them being hard to track down in the future.
I'm on a bathroom refit at the moment and used my rotozip for cutting 120mm diameter circle for extractor - that's when it detonated.
Hopefully new on comes early next week because I've got about 50 holes to drill into porcs and loads of cut outs at the back of toilet/basin units and that's when you don't want to be without it.

Reply to Rip Rotozip in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen