Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Rip Rotozip in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Well after 8 years of hammer my Rotozip died in spectacular fashion today in a shower of sparks and 150 mph projectile bearings.
Thank god I was outside or I reckon the bath I'd just put in would have been peppered with holes.
Got myself a shiny new Bosch one on it's way and I'm quite excited - not bought any power tools in ages.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
3165140588645_181e2c36-73f0-4923-a199-7e3bc7bd37cc_1024x1024.jpg

P

p4ulo

Oooh, that looks nice. Do us a review when you start using it please, I can see a place for that in my tool-kit.
How much?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got mine for £120.
I've used my rotozip on almost every job and I wouldn't want to be without it and from what I can tell this will be better.

Slightly more power than my Rotozip
This has variable speed and my rotozip didn't
This also has a soft start - the rotozip could twist your wrist on start up
I normally only use this bit:
s-l300.jpg

but I shall try out the dry core bits too.

O

Old Mod

Does urs come with any accessories Nick?
Like dust extraction hose?
If so :) where D'u get urs from, if u don't mind mate?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sitebox Online Home Page

Comes with a few bits - I have all the accessories for my Rotozip but only used them a couple of times - too much hassle lol
I'm going to stock up on enough diamond router bits to last the lifetime of the new tool for fear of them being hard to track down in the future.
I'm on a bathroom refit at the moment and used my rotozip for cutting 120mm diameter circle for extractor - that's when it detonated.
Hopefully new on comes early next week because I've got about 50 holes to drill into porcs and loads of cut outs at the back of toilet/basin units and that's when you don't want to be without it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
sorry @macten .
but have strongly opposed.
measures cutters too limited
small holes ok, but large holes .......:)

Sorry Antonio - not understanding your post.
You can make any size hole using the router bit

I

Italy

Sitebox Online Home Page

Comes with a few bits - I have all the accessories for my Rotozip but only used them a couple of times - too much hassle lol
I'm going to stock up on enough diamond router bits to last the lifetime of the new tool for fear of them being hard to track down in the future.
I'm on a bathroom refit at the moment and used my rotozip for cutting 120mm diameter circle for extractor - that's when it detonated.
Hopefully new on comes early next week because I've got about 50 holes to drill into porcs and loads of cut outs at the back of toilet/basin units and that's when you don't want to be without it.
120mm of porcelain?
only small cutter from photos?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
s-l300.jpg

Using this bit you can mill out any size and shape you want.

Reply to Rip Rotozip in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks