Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

NZ_Tiler

dust free, no scratched or chipped tiles. Looks like a great product, any negatives apart from cost?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
But is it cost affective for the customer paying for the acid cleaner then the re colourer and labour as aposed to labour and grout

God yes!! Think of the labour (and dust) involved in mechanically removing the grout - even with a fein it's a PITA and you can never be sure you won't chip a tile. Phosphoric acid costs pence and although the colourant works out a bit more expensive than a bag of grout, it's simple and quick to do. The resulting coloured grout is waterproof and stain resistant like epoxy - so better in that respect too.

C

charlie1

I done one recently, 30m2 bathroom, changing from white to grey grout, its soul destroying but pays the bills.

O

Olz

This is the colour restore im going to try, well priced as well at Trade Tiler.....

Tradetiler Universeal Grout Colour

These are the range of cleaners, universeal recommended using the power clean before the grout recolour, but ive only got a sample of the recolour so im just going to give the test area a good scrub.

TradeTiler.Ltd Cleaners

[video=youtube_share;s9Z3z9sMQAc]http://youtu.be/s9Z3z9sMQAc[/video]

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can go lighter with the grout colourant, say from a dark to a mid or light grey? Just for future knowledge not having used the product before.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes mate - anyway round with the recolours

O

Olz

This job is still gonna crack again though chaps.

Just to clarify, im not suggesting it be used for the OP's job, its only suitable for grout in good condition, we've just wandered a bit off the original topic thats all.

Reply to Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen