Search the forum,

Discuss Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Easy to do - I use 2 different brands depending on colour I want. They're Epoxy based so good and long lasting. If going on flexi grout then cleaning the old grout with a diluted phosphoric acid is recommended to strip the surface polymers (obviously you wouldn't do this with acid sensitive tiles).
Paint on with a suitably sized paintbrush, leave for a few minutes and wipe off - the colouring comes off the tiles and stays on the grout.
Fast easy work, soo much easier than a regrout.

B

bugs183

Surely it's going to crack again, and you'll carry the burden of agro then.
I would have said do it with a fein and use a clamp, but now you've said it's onto wood then it's a different job all together by the sounds of it.

N

NZ_Tiler

Easy to do - I use 2 different brands depending on colour I want. They're Epoxy based so good and long lasting. If going on flexi grout then cleaning the old grout with a diluted phosphoric acid is recommended to strip the surface polymers (obviously you wouldn't do this with acid sensitive tiles).
Paint on with a suitably sized paintbrush, leave for a few minutes and wipe off - the colouring comes off the tiles and stays on the grout.
Fast easy work, soo much easier than a regrout.

I'm interested in this type of product. Do you know of a demonstration video about this?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surely it's going to crack again, and you'll carry the burden of agro then.
I would have said do it with a fein and use a clamp, but now you've said it's onto wood then it's a different job all together by the sounds of it.

Obviously wouldn't be suitable on this job bugs

O

Olz

I've got a sample bottle of universeal grout colour and seal that trade tiler sell. I'm going to try a small test area this week. I'll do a before and after pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm interested in this type of product. Do you know of a demonstration video about this?

[video=youtube_share;m7BTYdRa9Tc]http://youtu.be/m7BTYdRa9Tc[/video]

Last edited:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Mapei do one as well

P

prceramics

But is it cost affective for the customer paying for the acid cleaner then the re colourer and labour as aposed to labour and grout

O

Olz

I priced some up recently and it was only around £20-£25 cant remember exactly, for a bottle of the cleaner and the recolour/restore which would easily do an average bathroom with 20x30's.

Much quicker that regrouting as well, so the material cost is slightly higher, labour much less.

O

Olz

Seems a bit of a grey area for natural stones though, universeal told me that it should be fine for trav, someone they suplied used it with no issue and to do a test area first, although the official advise was not suitable due to staining potential.

Reply to Regrout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen