Search the forum,

Discuss Refit cut porcelain tiles; add bevel ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Gooner, sit down, have a rest and chill out. Firstly no one is jumping to any conclusions, that would be the case if I had simply stated one problem and one method to resolve it, however as I asked Adrian to check out the theories I was offering I believe that would come under narrowing the problem down. Hollow tiles are usually the result of dot and dab fixing, no enough coverage with a trowel or a suspect screed. I have as you have asked me to do re-read your reply and Yes you do actually say the words "but PVA is ok m8".
In regard to your point about coffee, I dont drink the stuff and fail to see its relevance, I have never starred in any programmes with Kermit or Miss piggy so how coulod I be a muppet? I have never met Jim henson and I believe he is actually dead.
I do hope this clears things up for you and allows you to calm down.

:mad2:

J

jay

hi adrian 2009 couple of questions how long did the builder leave (render)cement to dry befor tiling . is there a perimater expansion joint and just how soft is the render (can you dig a hole using keys :8:

A

Adrian2009

I dont remember how long was left for concrete to dry out, but am guessing around 2 weeks with conservatory roof on for at least a week.

Also, not sure but dont think screed was added, concrete was left with even enough surface.

Concrete is very hard and even with small 1/2" chisel it takes a heavy blow to break surface.

J

jay

hi tiles may have been put down to early on concrete needs time to cure (dry out) has a expansion joint been left between tiles and exterior walls :8:

D

diamondtiling

thats not an expansion joint mate, it should be a manufactured expansion joint, it allows for movement and helps to eliminate cracks etc

J

jay

hi that joint should be filled with silicone that why your edge tiles are lifting off .the floor tiles need to move (expand) if they cant move sideways they move up or lift could also be not letting slab cure lack of primer but sounds like lack of expansion :8:hope that helps

Reply to Refit cut porcelain tiles; add bevel ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen