Search the forum,

Discuss Red body showing edge of tiles after grouted in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

Cubica look-alike this is what you get when you go for imitation. Complaining about this is like complaining that your fake TAG didn't work in water LOL

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Turkish I've fitted the porcelonosa version of this tile. I'm pretty sure these are not the porcelonosa ones. Plan Tec mentioned grout colorant. I'm afraid that the colorant will only adhere to the grout and not the tile or the biscuit. The other problem with this tile is that it catches and retains all the grout in the dimples. This caught me out last year on a very hot day in a loft conversion. The grout dried in seconds. I now use BAL temporary sealer (available from Topps). I would ask the customer what they think and then take it from there.

I seem to remember there is a ceramic tile product used to fix chipped tiles. Use this link for ideas:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_kw=repair+kit+ceramic+tiles

Good luck I know how you are feeling right now.

C

Colour Republic

Cubica look-alike this is what you get when you go for imitation. Complaining about this is like complaining that your fake TAG didn't work in water LOL

Thought as much as the porcelanosa tile we did a few months back had a white body. From the face of it, it looks identical but highlights the problem a copy can give you.

T

Turkish tiler

Is the customer okay with it?. (probably not). But if they are , could you not use a sealer on all the grout lines (and therefore the raw edges as well) just to stop any water ingress. Not a good remedy I know but maybe a option. Hope it helps.
customer is not happy at all, she said if needs to she will take tile shop to small claims court

T

Turkish tiler

Turkish you know yourself mate only one way to rectify it, rip it out & replace.
It's a pain & good on you for complaining.
When I've had it in the past it's been every tile but got told to fit them so it's down to the site agent etc.
when I find out who will pay cost of rip out and re tile that will be way forward

Reaction score
customer is not happy at all, she said if needs to she will take tile shop to small claims court

Sounds like the balls in her court then. You cant grout beyond the surface of a tile, and that's what you would have to do to cover the unglazed edges like that. I was always coming across it with B & Q's 6 X 6 whites (not my contract I was just fitting them), you would expect it at £4 a box + -.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Too many tiles nowadays don't have glazed edges.......some grout better than others though. Not that this is much help in this circumstance.

Reply to Red body showing edge of tiles after grouted in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen