Search the forum,

Discuss Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

philrab66

Ok... I suppose as the floor is pretty level the slc method is not essential, I have today started to give the floor a slurry coat of SBR & rapid set adhesive, I suppose it best to complete the rest of the floor & tile onto that!

If you want it all one level you will need to slc the bitumen floor up to other level then you will flatten other floor. If you get a nice sloppy mix and just lay it until it levels up to the other floor.

S

Spud

That is quite a heavy residue of glue ,most companies recommend getting as much of it as possible removed before you use a grit primer or SBR slurry the only company that guarantees their products over bitumen cutback is Ardex and they would say to clean/ remove/ scrape as much as possible before lay texting over it with Arditex NA if it was my job I would grind off the the glue with a cup wheel and dust extractor and then tile itas normal

Reply to Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen