Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
G

GoneGuy

Just tiled a kitchen splash back in a 1 year old house built by a popular company.
Well I was looking at the tiled floor and spotted that previous tiler has left spacers in the floor and tried grouting over them??
Must have been on price work

IMG_3305.JPG IMG_3306.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

image.jpg
You get for what you pay. The job probably it is done by the builder cheap and .

Down here nothing is cheap that's why the client brought his own trusted tradesmen in from Nottingham. Trusted in what? Because it isn't in the building trade that's for sure.
A further point of interest is the back kitchen it's been in over a week and a guy came down from Nottingham to fix a few extra units so it could be templated for Corian!! I'll show the 'kitchen' as it stands today. No roof, no floor, no f...ing clue!

D

Dumbo

View attachment 93211

Down here nothing is cheap that's why the client brought his own trusted tradesmen in from Nottingham. Trusted in what? Because it isn't in the building trade that's for sure.
A further point of interest is the back kitchen it's been in over a week and a guy came down from Nottingham to fix a few extra units so it could be templated for Corian!! I'll show the 'kitchen' as it stands today. No roof, no floor, no f...ing clue!
Is that a seamless glass roof they got .

Hi everyone ! I just paid nearly £1800 for a bathroom retiled floor to ceiling and I've been ripped off ! Just issued a court application cause the person..has refused to return. Although actually that's a good thing cause she's bodged our home up ! Any views ? I'd especially be greatful from any professional tilers for their opinions ? Thank you Oh we paid for tiling to the ceiling and got left with 15mm gaps which have some brown silicone in them...

IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3796.JPG IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3830.JPG IMG_3837.JPG IMG_3856.JPG IMG_3874.JPG

Is she a professional tiler? Was she recommended or was she the cheapest?
She has her own business and quoted on her own website she states she is an expert tiler ! Unfortunately reccomended to us via her partner.. not helpful. I've paid nearly £1800 , retained £500 but aiming to get the price of getting a retiled done from court. It looks awful in some places.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.