Search the forum,

Discuss PTB and Ditra in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi All

Can i stick ditra or dural down with Bal PTB.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I got a damp concrete floor with a slightly unstable screed on it which has been damp for some time and shows no signs of drying. I am assuming no DPM under with it being so old (probably over 60years). I have levelled it but was thinking I would use Ditra just to cope with the damp as I want to get on with the tiling. ..Its just that I have the PTB which a friend at BAL kindly gave me but it is not a problem to get summat else if this is not right for Ditra. I have never used Ditra personally before.

H

hillhead

The damp could cause a de bond IMO here, but you could at worst end up with floating floor with the tiles stuck tight to the ditra.
Is it a small area?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The damp could cause a de bond IMO here, but you could at worst end up with floating floor with the tiles stuck tight to the ditra.
Is it a small area?
That is my thinking too. It is only a small area - about 8m2 in total.

P

peckers

first off all i would use this on the damp screed ARDITEX NA from ARDEX UK

then i would use this on top off the above ARDEX DPM 1 C from ARDEX UK

and then another coat of this ARDITEX NA from ARDEX UK

Then tile away :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to PTB and Ditra in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I'm doing a wetroom and will be using Ditra Heat Duo membrane for the UFH. I looked...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen