Search the forum,

Discuss PTB and Ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I got a damp concrete floor with a slightly unstable screed on it which has been damp for some time and shows no signs of drying. I am assuming no DPM under with it being so old (probably over 60years). I have levelled it but was thinking I would use Ditra just to cope with the damp as I want to get on with the tiling. ..Its just that I have the PTB which a friend at BAL kindly gave me but it is not a problem to get summat else if this is not right for Ditra. I have never used Ditra personally before.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
The damp could cause a de bond IMO here, but you could at worst end up with floating floor with the tiles stuck tight to the ditra.
Is it a small area?
That is my thinking too. It is only a small area - about 8m2 in total.

Reply to PTB and Ditra in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.