Discuss Porcelain Equivalent Of Black Quartz Stardust in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

berilac

Hi all,

A newbie here and looking to buy the black quartz starlight or stardust,
Stardust Black 60x60 | Topps Tiles

Is this porcelain ? If not I was wondering if there was a porcelain equivalent of that I could purchase online or in a shop,

My tiler has recommended porcelain and prefers that over Granite,

Thanks
ST

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
There are a few reasons not to use it, main being if it's going on under floor heating, but Topps Quartz from memory is fine with under floor heating.

B

berilac

I dont have underfloor heating, would you recommend

1. I buy the topps stardust or can I buy the same product online for a better price,
2. are there any other options you can recommend (other than a Qtz/resin tile)
3. a good tiler! I am based in North west london (kitchen/bathroom approx 5 m2)

Thanks
ST

B

berilac

thanks I have done that,

Would you or others have any idea on the below

I dont have underfloor heating, would you recommend
1. I buy the topps stardust or can I buy the same product online for a better price,
2. are there any other options you can recommend (other than a Qtz/resin tile)

W

White Room

Could go for a sparkly granite, the tiles you mentioned are the gulf quartz and your tiler would have no problem with them other than the adhesive would be a 2 part.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy an online equivalent for cheaper. There have been a few threads on here regarding problems people have had with them. The stardust from Topps you would be fine with or as Whitebeam says a galaxy granite.

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy an online equivalent for cheaper. There have been a few threads on here regarding problems people have had with them. The stardust from Topps you would be fine with or as Whitebeam says a galaxy granite.

mmmm, not sure i totally agree with that statement, yes there are some online stores selling real bad cheap quartz, but there are some selling gulfstone, which is the same tile as stardust.

B

berilac

mmmm, not sure i totally agree with that statement, yes there are some online stores selling real bad cheap quartz, but there are some selling gulfstone, which is the same tile as stardust.

Thanks, Thats good to know, which ones would you guys recommend?

Also on granite galaxy do you know how much heavier it would be compared to stardust? They seem to be at a good price as well approx £20m2,

O

Old Mod

As long as it's genuine Gulf Stone, that's the phrase you're looking for.

You would have to check with supplier on weight of the Galaxy, it will depend on the thickness.

B

berilac

As long as it's genuine Gulf Stone, that's the phrase you're looking for.

You would have to check with supplier on weight of the Galaxy, it will depend on the thickness.

fyi - the tiler I am corresponding with has mentioned that Granite is generally thicker, i.e. it will add more height to the floor.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Not really, it's not the difference between 10 and 20 mm it might be a couple of mm between them. I don't mean to be the doom and gloom of online suppliers but i had some granite from an online and it was a long way out of tolerance, i.e. should have been 300 x 300 but some pieces were 295 and some 305 etc. Before you buy from someone without being able to view the stock just ask them to give you the tolerances in writing.

Reply to Porcelain Equivalent Of Black Quartz Stardust in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks