Search the forum,

Discuss No more ply and joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

When I used NMP I followed instructions by putting a bead of their tubed adhesive in every 2mm joint between boards. Once it had set I then ran a stanley blade across to remove any excess. The adhesive is like an expanding foam, although not on that scale and is actually very strong.
Sounds like pu glue

H

hmtiling

When I used NMP I followed instructions by putting a bead of their tubed adhesive in every 2mm joint between boards. Once it had set I then ran a stanley blade across to remove any excess. The adhesive is like an expanding foam, although not on that scale and is actually very strong.
i've always glued and butted them together. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a joint between them.

S

SJPurdy

I just found a Kascade wet room shower base "instruction" sheet which shows no more ply fitted to walls dot and dabbed and again there is no scrim shown.
The only place that I have seen where they specify scrimming the joints is when it is used to overboard a cracked concrete floor.
That said, I think that when I used to use it I always scrimmed the joints just like I would with any other board; it didn't take that long or cost much for a bit of extra peace of mind!

Q

Qwerty

bathroom-installation-no-more-ply.jpg

Reply to No more ply and joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen