Discuss No more ply and joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

Are you then suggesting hardi is better on a less stable floor and you could use it in a situation you couldn't use wedi .
Lay off poor little 6mm no more ply you big bully! :p Never used the stuff but I have used Hardie backer boards on floors in domestic dry areas and have never had any problems so what is your point?

D

Dumbo

Lay off poor little 6mm no more ply you big bully! :p Never used the stuff but I have used Hardie backer boards on floors in domestic dry areas and have never had any problems so what is your point?
I'm not making a point and I'm not talking specifically about nmp I'm asking about cement board in general as from what I've read there seems to be a definite preference to use this over say Wedi board on timber floors and I'm wondering why .

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
cement board is good for over boarding floors where height is an issue, i use nmp as is it available locally and Hardie isn't, but I use cement board as 6mm is within most most manufacter recomendatio s for over boarding a chipboard floor, where as I this k it's minimum of 10mm xps board

D

Dumbo

What do you like to use @jcrtiling ?

I’ve never used hardie
If it is stable enough jackoboard at the moment as that is what my supplier is buying in . I could go to topps ( that only going to happen in a parallel universe ) and buy Hardi backer but as I mentioned in another post a while back I said I was really weedy and it is very heavy

D

Dumbo

cement board is good for over boarding floors where height is an issue, i use nmp as is it available locally and Hardie isn't, but I use cement board as 6mm is within most most manufacter recomendatio s for over boarding a chipboard floor, where as I this k it's minimum of 10mm xps board
Where do you get that from locally

P

Perry

Cement board has its place. But i would always use 10mm Wedi type boards on floors over 6mm cement board most of the time.

J

Jimfromchichester

I used nmp in a shower/steam room on 3 walls, installed 2 years ago and had no issues with tiles etc.

Reply to No more ply and joints in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay