Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
image.jpg

Reaction score
Ah buggar! All shops around here seem to mainly stock Dunlop adhesives.

I can get a limited range of mapei which I used the last time but it's a long journey to get. Keraflex I used before which tbh was nice to use in my limited experience!

Maybe I should make the trip to get mapei again and then primer g would be suitable too?

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Dunlop is alright gear, it's under the BAL umbrella. Basically BAL gear for the diy market. Don't think they do a 2part slc but their leveller flows quite nice. Using Dunlop you could do as you suggested yourself, mix a slurry coat and level over that. Once the leveller is dry you could prime before fixing but isn't strictly necessary, though if you're using a fast set you'll find it gives you a little more adjustment time. Agree with comment re Larsen, used it once and swore never again.

Reaction score
Ballymoney! There's two tile shops local to me that sell dunlop. When I got mapei gear before I got it in armatile on Boucher.

S

Spud

The dunlop leveller isn't great when compared to the mapei renovation screed in terms of self levelling capabilities, I would take the extra time and get to armatile and buy the mapei

L

LM

Ballymoney! There's two tile shops local to me that sell dunlop. When I got mapei gear before I got it in armatile on Boucher.
Your bound to be about Belfast now and again. In the scheme of things it's well worth the trip, just phone them and make sure they have the renovation screed there for you, as Gary says it's a super leveller

S

Spud

You need to deal with the carpet glue first have you got rid of it? You can alway grind it back with a diamond cup wheel as the renovation screed is not 2 part only water based and won't go straight over vinyl adhesive

S

Spud

Is there a F.Ball and co supplier near you ? Most carpet and flooring places use their products and some of their levellers are designed to go over carpet clue residue it may save you a trip

Reply to Next Project! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks