Search the forum,

Discuss Need advice please...... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

djo101

hello new on here, might be a stupid question but here goes...
Can a shower niche be made in 4 inch blockwork wall ? If blocks above are supported and fit hardie backer or similar inside ?

W

Waluigi

I tend to cut my niche after I’ve started tiling so that it falls perfectly within a tile. Much harder to do this on a block wall than it is on a stud wall. Not impossible, just very time consuming.

If you dont care less where your niche falls in relation to the tiles, it’s simple enough to just cut your niche in.

D

djo101

That’s my plan to cut the niche to work tiles, gonna be very messy though ! Cheers

Reply to Need advice please...... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen