Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Need advice please...... in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

1. djo101

djo101 Active Member

hello new on here, might be a stupid question but here goes...
    Can a shower niche be made in 4 inch blockwork wall ? If blocks above are supported and fit hardie backer or similar inside ?

2. Bond

Bond TilersForums.co.uk Addict

Definitely, taking care to cut opening and fit lintel above , especially if it’s over say 400mm wide.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Waluigi

Waluigi Top Contributor

I tend to cut my niche after I’ve started tiling so that it falls perfectly within a tile. Much harder to do this on a block wall than it is on a stud wall. Not impossible, just very time consuming.

If you dont care less where your niche falls in relation to the tiles, it’s simple enough to just cut your niche in.

• Like Like x 1
  4. djo101

djo101 Active Member

That’s my plan to cut the niche to work tiles, gonna be very messy though ! Cheers