Search the forum,

Discuss More rogue tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

An old mate got intouch last week and asked me to go repair his bathroom, he had paid a lithuanian bloke £500 to install and tile two bathrooms, the £500 included the bath, shower tray, toilets, sinks and tiling.

Anyhow, here is what i found, your thoughts.......

Two bathrooms for £500 :lol:

D

Droopy

An old mate got intouch last week and asked me to go repair his bathroom, he had paid a lithuanian bloke £500 to install and tile two bathrooms, the £500 included the bath, shower tray, toilets, sinks and tiling.

Anyhow, here is what i found, your thoughts.......

Two bathrooms for £500 :lol:

When someone pays £500 for that amount of work, it's hard to feel sorry for them when they are left with a dogs dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM Ceramics

agree with james you pay peanuts you get monkeys its sad for your mate but he should have reliased that £500 was extremley cheap

D

DHTiling

£500 or £5000 it is still a poor job and nobody deserves this quality of work do they....?

O

Olz

I felt sorry for him and have now patched it up best i can, but as i was finishing, he popped home with some iraqi bloke, and started showing him round the house,

Who's he i said, oh this guys going to fit me aload of new solid doors, and do the facias and gutering, he's really cheap. :mad2:

You can lead a horse to water...............

R

rossy

if been ripped off once then showing someone else round to do other jobs only got him self to blame £500 quid for two bathroom alarm bells should have been ringing to start with...

D

Droopy

£500 or £5000 it is still a poor job and nobody deserves this quality of work do they....?
If they pay £500 for 2 bathrooms, they should expect it though.

G

Gazzer

Who is it that needs educating more, The fixer or the client ?
Nothing will ever change with clients, they see £ signs and want to save, so they cut corners without a thought to what the difference is between the cheap quote and a higher one, besides a saving in the short term.

Oli i would slap your mate with a wet fish and ask why he hasnt learnt his lesson and i also hope you charged him a good rate for sorting it out........now how are you with re-hanging doors ?:grin:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Unbelievable................you think as mentioned once bitten twice shy.

If not...............he has only got himself to blame if the doors turn out crap as well :ninja:

P

poppyniks

cant imagine what the plumbing situation is like behind boxing and plasterboard etc???? how long before it needs to be ripped out due to a leak?

with some people its all about the £ shillings

O

Olz

been there already mate, when i pulled the tray out to refit it properly, i found that the waste was leaking, because the guy had force the waste pipe into an elbow and pushed the o ring out of the channel so i had to redo that aswell :mad2:

I like helping mates out and that but this job took the proverbial

G

graham31

you don't mind helping a friend out but to find he's making the same mistake again "he's cheap" you feel like he's taken you for a mug:furious3:

F

Fred

London folks still use them, them ring us ( me) to correct..............:mad2: and they still want it done at a cheap rate............:mad2:

Went to a barn conversion in Woking, 35m2 floor and on-suite shower/toilet 15m2. The same old thing, Vouge Landrover, leccy gates etc...............put in at £20 m2 the lot, and he moaned stating he had a Polish quote for £14m2, and could I do it cheaper than that.................:mad2:

Reply to More rogue tiling in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen