Search the forum,

Discuss Mlt in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have just recieved the rolls royce of lash clip systems today the MLT , this is very popular with some of the top tile guys in the U.S.A and I am looking forward to trying it out on my next large format tiling job MLT Systems

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spud

The guy that devised the MLT invented the Tuscan levelling system this is the latest one he has come up with I will do a review when I get a chance to use it , it is very well thought out and designed by a tiler ,the tensioning straps have very close teeth/ ratchets on them so gives a bit more control than some of the other lash systems , like the Tuscan and rubi clips they pull from above so don't knock the tiles of square when tightening up I have been using raimondi for years and like it so am looking forward to trialling the MLT

B

Bill

Can you imagine using those on a shopfitting job and telling the foreman that he can't cover the floor up even thought the tiles have set.........sometimes I wonder how you lot can call yourself tilers.

H

hmtiling

Think they're more for large format stuff. High end residential maybe? Wouldn't think you'd need them bashing out a Spar or Tesco express

B

Bill

I do high end stuff........ jeepers every floor prep is like a billiard table now anyway.

I

Italy

each head their own ideas, I challenge any tiler lay 600x1200 or 200 x 900 or the like with no leveling ...... even with perfect bottom.
there is no comparison with leveling straighten tiles non-planar. Money well spent, finite problems tiles distorted
of course I will be half trowel, not a professional, but the night I sleep tranquillo.in peace with myself knowing that I did the best I could fare.amen

B

Bill

900x200 no clips...........

2015-09-29 14.11.15.jpg

H

hmtiling

I've never used any levelling system before and done loads of plank floors. I'll be having a go with the Raimondi or Rubi ones in the new year on 1200x2400 porcelain. I think they'll be needed. Each to their own.

O

One Day

I've been anti-clips for years but this year I've changed my view. Some still have the potential to lift tiles from the adhesive bed, and all potentially allow idiots to make a nice looking job with spot fixing. But on large format and very large format they have a definite place now in my van.

Reply to Mlt in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen