Search the forum,

Discuss mitre tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

falkirktiler

Hi Guys any of you get asked to mitre tiles into window reveals rather than using trim and if so whats the best way about it?

Cheers......Scott.......

S

sc24

only do as a last resort, or when using rustic edge tiles where trim doesnt really suit, the revills must be plumb, the best way is to try and work it for full tiles but as you know this isnt always practical if you mitre a cut tile keep the mitre slightly back from the cut glaze so it doesnt chip, when you grout the mitre dont wash, rub with a cloth to try and keep the joint as full as you can

F

falkirktiler

that looks magic Gaz........

My problem is exactly that Sc24, because of the cuts to square up the window and the size of the Tile I cant get at them with the wet cutter.....

Think I'll try to talk him out of it.... or bribe him...our nut him.....or run away.....or turn to drink.....or...or....or

W

webby

Sorry guys but I hate tile trim.Only use it if the customer insists.If I had a pound for every tile I have mitred I'd be a millionair.

R

ryanbrown

I cant stand tile trims either - I reckon tiling trims will go the same way as wooden pannelling one day - to the crap ideas graveyard in the sky.

Might be worthwhile telling potential customers that you can mitre instead of trims, and use that as a bargaining factor. Show them pictures of work youve done and tell them you can do an excellent job without cheap plastic.
That way they know they would paying a bit more for craftmanship.

Or you could get the customer to get tiles from a hand made tiling place that do corner tiles to go with the range - not exactly many around I know - the future is in mass production.

Reply to mitre tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen